COMPLAINT: Malaysian Airlines cheating customers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:44 PM
Sanjnaraja Sanjnaraja is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011

Hi there. Well, as the title says I am a victim of Malaysian Airlines cheating their customers and how they do not keep up their word to having so called "Malaysian Hospitalily". I have been trying to change my flight from Australia to Kuala Lumpur for the past week but until today its not happening. Last friday, I was put on hold on the Malaysian Airlines hotline-which by the way I was calling from Australia when the office is in Malaysia and put on hold for 10 mins where I gave up and wrote them an e-mail through their web page. I am yet to hear from them regarding the email.
I called again on Monday morning and informed by the service officer that it would incur a penalty of AUD$50 to change my flight, which I was willing to pay, unfortunately the call got cut off half way through and even tough they did have my details and the transaction was incomplete, Malaysian Airlines did not call me back. I would think that it is common courtesy to follow up on a call and to follow through on a call-not very hospitable. I called again on Tuesday, and was informed that now it would incur a AUD$150 penalty to change my flight. A very curious fact that within 24 hours, the penalty had tripled. When I spoke to the senior officer about my frustrations and questioning the discrepancy she was not the most hospitable person on the phone, and mind you I am still calling from Australia to Malaysia at this time for a half an hour phone call that is just frustrating me. I demand that this is looked into and informed that I want a reply today. When I receive a call today, I am informed to change my flight that I have to incur a cost of AUD$583 to change my flight. It seems everytime I call to change the same flight, the price goes up and up. I now have to pay more than RM1800 for a one way ticket to an economy class ticket to Malaysia. I really do think this is unfair treatment. I have informed them that I will be posting this if nothing is done about it and you guessed it- the response that I get from Malaysian Airlines is-"i am not the one responsible", "i am not in charge" and "there is no one else to talk to". I had requested for the manager to call me back which obviously has not been done. They really should re-think their tagline as if thats what Malaysian hospitality is about I really would not want to go to Malaysia. I think I will take a page out of most of my friends and fly air asia or singapore airlines the next time.
If your wondering, my flight still hasn't changed.

Cheating from how to redeem Skymile on flight 28 jan 16 endtimecomforter SkyMiles Complaints 7 Jan 15, 2010 11:47 AM