COMPLAINT: Why aren't they held accountable?

Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:09 AM
brichar brichar is offline

Join Date: Jul 2008

This is probably going to be long, so please bear with me. I CANNOT understand why the airlines are not being held accountable for their abusive treatment of their customers who pay A LOT of money to fly their planes. And WHY is the TSA allowed to treat people so disrespectfully without having to answer for it? It's like dealing with the new KGB! I totally understand that they are in place to protect the public as a result of 9/11 and the increase in terrorism, but come on. I had a TSA agent yelling at me to put my backpack on the conveyer, and I kept telling him, "I'm trying to get my laptop out!" Finally, I put it on the conveyer. As it goes through the machine, they stop it, examine it, back it out, and he starts yelling at me that there's a laptop in the backpack! You're supposed to take it out of the backpack... NO SH*T! And this is just one incident I've had with these clowns; there have been more. I've written to the TSA to get an explanation on another incident and was basically told, "because we said so." I'm all for taking precautions to make sure everyone's safe, but there is no reason for their extreme rudeness and intimidation tactic; these people are out of control.