How can our site improve? Give us your feedback so AirlineComplaints.org can improve!

Old Jan 28, 2011, 2:51 PM

Angry Airline fees

Why do the airlines cry about not making money, so they have to keep adding more and more fees,while all the time giving executives,employees,
and all there families free air travel all over the world. This must cost them a ton of money that we pay for. They should have to suffer the same cost as the general public
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:16 AM
pattis pattis is offline

Location: U.S.

because it one of the only perks they get for low wages and having to deal with the pain in the ass whiny public. Besides they dont get discounts and only get a seat if there is space (room) available.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:02 PM

Join Date: Jan 2011

If it wasn't for the whinny ass public ,you would'nt have a Job.
The value of these free flights should be claimed as income on your taxes
Old Jan 30, 2011, 2:52 AM
pattis pattis is offline

Location: U.S.

Dont make assumtions rab I worked for an airline about 4-5 years ago, hated the hours and pay , no benefits nor flight benefits either because it was a service provider . Besides with the wages most of them make free travel is one of the only perks most get. I suppose if you or others get health ins that should be taxed as income also???
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:00 PM

Absolutly! I pay for my health INSURANCE
I know for a fact that Airline Management get Free regular tickets for all family,father
mother too.No stand by.I don't know any contract employees of any Industries that
get benifits that that Industry gives its employees'
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:26 PM
missylynn missylynn is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: somewhere up there

A lot of airlines charge a yearly fee for employees and their immediate family to fly. Yes, it is one of the perks and advantages of working for an airline. That is the only benefit that we get. With the low wages, many airline employees could not afford to fly. If there are empty seats, why not let the employees of that airline fly? And yes, we ALL fly stand by. No positive space unless it is company business. We get on AFTER all revenue passengers, if there is a seat evailable. It's not hurting the airlines, otherwise they would not allow it.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:07 AM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

And even if you get that seat, you can get booted if a revenue passenger shows up in time.

AMTRAK allows employees to travel on it's trains for free, cruise line have passage available for it's employees, bus lines - same thing. Almost any employer offers it's employees some kind of perk associated with it's business.

Usually, the airline employees flies for free, but as we called it in the airforce, they fly Space-A. Space available. The employees spouse usually shares the benefit. Families, not always. There's limits.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:11 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

i dont fly for free. we have to pay something. usually taxes. so even if i can pay $100 round trip to lets say vegas...im not guarenteed a seat and if i cant leave the day i wanted to or it becomes pointless to leave...i lost my $100. or if i do get a seat and a paying passenger comes..im bumped and screwed again. its one of the few perks an airline employee gets now a days. some restaurants give their employee free meals...i have to pay for mine. some department stores give their employees great discounts while i pay full price. some jobs have perks. my perk after working 20+ hour duty days, being on call 24 hours a day 18 days straight...its basically one of my only perks. and for your information i do suffer the same cost...i usually always buy my ticket just so that i can get to where i need to be.