COMPLAINT: Delayed Baggage- 4 days and still not received

Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:10 PM
ifegy ifegy is offline

Join Date: Dec 2012

I took Delta Airlines Flight 54 from Atlanta to Lagos, arriving Dec 23. My luggage did not arrive on the flight. I spent almost $300 on multiple international calls to Delta trying to find out what happened, and I was finally told it arrived in Lagos on Dec 24.

I was further told by Delta agents in Lagos that it would be shipped to my final destination, Abuja, on Dec 25. Then I was told it would be shipped on Dec 26. Today, Dec 26, it will no longer be shipped on the 26th but rather on Dec 27.

I have gone 4 days so far in a foreign country with next to no clothes, toiletries or personal belongings. I will be posting to the Delta website and writing to the DOT in order to receive financial compensation for this horrendous inconvenience, and will return to post about the final outcome.

extremely delayed baggage

Baggage Problems Delayed baggage for 4 days Neels79 Baggage Problems 4 Dec 6, 2011 8:42 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight cancelled, delayed for 3 days, consequential loss cpenn American Airlines Complaints 3 Aug 12, 2011 11:19 PM
Baggage Problems Delayed Payment for Delayed Baggage marjef Delta Air Lines Complaints 20 Dec 23, 2010 6:30 AM
Baggage Problems Delayed baggage for 6 days on destination and once in return MAXIMUSPR007 American Airlines Complaints 2 Feb 3, 2010 12:23 PM
Customer Service 3 months later i received my baggage- and half the things missing tonic123 American Airlines Complaints 5 May 15, 2008 5:11 AM