COMPLAINT: Delayed baggage for 6 days on destination and once in return

Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:43 PM
MAXIMUSPR007 MAXIMUSPR007 is offline

Join Date: Feb 2010

Hi,

Don't know if someone could help me here but lets give it a shot. I had a trip to Mexico from 12/29/09 to 01/10/2010. The trip was from Puerto Rico, with connection on Miami. Personnel from AA asked me if I wanted to pick up my baggage at Mexico. I said yes if it will be there for me. He said "yes". Since the flight was "red eye", I slept in the MIA airport. The next morning, I took my connection flight to Mexico. When looking up for my baggage it did not arrived. I filled a Claim at the baggage desk and they asked me where I was going after Mexico City. I said I was going to Guadalajara, so she told me she will send the baggage there in the next flight. Then in Guadalajara, I asked AA for my baggage and they told me it would not arrive until about 3 - 4 more hours. I told them I had to go to my final destination (about 5 hours west of Guadalajara on bus). They took my information telling me they will send me my baggage and will have it the next day and I accepted it. After some conversations with AA in Guadalajara, they assured me it was on a package store half an hour where I was. I went there about five times. They told me they had not received anything for me. I had to buy clothes and spend money on phone calls to AA. Then on 01/04/2010, I called them again, and they insisted it was down there. I talked to the HQ of the package store and they told me it was still on Guadalajara! I was ****** off. I called AA and told them they were lying to me, still they insisted they had sent the package the week before. 2 hours later, the package store called me to tell me they got the baggage. That was 6 days without my baggage. On my return, to worsen things, I arrived at Puerto Rico and they had left my baggage once again! This time it affected almost all passengers. They sent me it the day after, but I had to skip work so I could be in my house to receive it. I filled claims in the AA "Customer Relations" web page. They answered me that they credited 10,000 points to my account. I told them that I never accepted such thing and I want the money I had to spend while they kept my baggage. They "apology" for it, and told me it was a "goodwill" act from them. They also feel "sorry" that I'm not happy but they cannot do anything more for me. As for this, I wish to sue AA, but don't know where to start. If someone here knows something, I really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:46 AM

You are entitled to reimbursement for the money you paid out. You need to complain to the DOT...
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:23 PM
MAXIMUSPR007 MAXIMUSPR007 is offline

Join Date: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
Thank you for the quick answer! I will try that today and see what happens. Again, thank you very much!

Baggage Problems British Airways: Baggage lost for 21 days, still no compensation Shaddow British Airways Complaints 2 Mar 9, 2014 7:40 PM
Suggestion Post Boarding time in red under flight number and destination L Jewell How can US Airways improve? 4 Sep 28, 2009 12:39 PM
Baggage Problems theft in delayed baggage AmEagle 4574 ANNIE BORHOUM American Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 16, 2008 2:02 PM
Baggage Problems Baggage Delayed Because Plane Heldfor 2 Passengers lpointmpoint Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jun 12, 2007 3:13 PM
Baggage Problems BAGGAGE LOST FOR OVER 3 DAYS/LIABILITY FOR MEDICAL COSTS jpc Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Jun 6, 2007 8:52 AM