Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:32 PM
Boston girl Boston girl is offline

Join Date: Apr 2014
Angry Scammers in the first degree

My husband and I flew from Miami to Boston over Christmas. We paid the fee so that we could change our return trip dates and it worked out very well for us. A few weeks ago, we again booked two tickets from MIA to Logan. This time, after forking over much more ($160 per ticket) to be able to change our dates, we were disgusted and disappointed to learn that the "fare rate" had changed and we were charged an exorbitant amount to change our dates. They are scamming us and it does not feel good! My husband who is 6'4" also forked over $50 plus per seat for the privilege of having a window seat. I will make a concerted effort to avoid flying with them again. I will fly into a different airport and do what ever it takes to never give them my business again when ever I can work around it. AA used to be a good airline to fly. Now it is the worst.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:04 PM

Please check around. You will find more airlines than not charge the change fee in addition to the fare increase. You will be out of luck if you think you won't pay this again by switching airlines.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:46 PM
Boston girl Boston girl is offline

Join Date: Apr 2014
Default thanks, Judge

I guess I have been lucky up to this point. I will fly smarter in the future. I still think they need to know their customers reaction to their new marketing policies. I would feel like a lamb going meekly to slaughter if I didn't voice my displeasure in some way.