Customer Service
COMPLAINT: United Airlines Hates Children

Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:23 PM

United Airlines refused a blanket and pillow to my 13 year old daughter after a cancelled flight in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:02 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

i didnt even think they had pillows and blankets except for maybe first domestically and international. either way i know most airlines wont allow them off the aircraft. not to sound rude and i dont mean for it to sound that way either...but why would she need a pillow and blanket. there are tons of cheap hotels/motels around chicago airport. candlewood suites have rooms for $50/night
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:42 AM

I think it is more a case of airline employees hate passengers... of any age. The airline would run so much more smoothly without them...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:24 AM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

I don't see how this means that anyone hates children. If your flight is canceled and you think the airlne is responsible, then you get a airport hotel and claim it back from the airline. If however the airline is not responsible you can either foot the hotel bill yourself or try to make yourself comfortable on the chairs, but the airline does not have to give your child a blanket and pillow. These are not items that are usually lying around the airline desks. When the aircraft is being serviced, special employees remove the dirty ones and replace them with clean blankets and pillows. They don't leave clean ones around in case someone sleeping in the airport wants one although I've heard of cases where the airline finds blankets for people when they are stranded. Management makes a decision to bring out a stock of blankets if they see the need. But the agents cannot find a blanket for the odd request. But it is not something you can demand, or makes you entitled to say they hate children.

We are now in the middle of a cold winter and I hope you were not having your child sleep in a cold airport to save a few bucks. I just checked and I can get a double room tonight at a two star hotel near O'Hare airport with 24 hour free shuttle to and from the airport for $42 plus tax.

Come on! Your child deserves better than sleeping in the airport for you to save $42 plus tax

Last edited by HoustonFlyer; Feb 1, 2011 at 2:28 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:30 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

well said!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:21 AM

Maybe the parents hate their children....
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:22 AM

Guess they do not like either thin persons ...

• 1 human as me = 105 pounds
  • total weight of my bag and my husband bag = inferior to my weight
  • surplus of one bag 3 pounds taxed by UA "only" 100 $
  • no cabin bag
  • my thin person travelled squezed between 600 pounds persons
  • United Airlines do not reimbursed me as they promised and make me send by mail and call them several times ( means the tactics of let it go )
Please note :

1. Wihin my position as PM, my company of 6'000 persons will never purchase a UA ticket ( and when I say never, it is never )

2. I will send my case to ALL who want to hear me - that is a perfect publicity for 100 $ surtax of thin human

3. I think UA should tax thin persons not 100 $, but 10'000 $

A very proud customer with 105 pounds weight