COMPLAINT: They just did not care

Old May 13, 2012, 10:32 PM
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Join Date: May 2012

Last Friday UA decided to cancel my flight without warning and without letting me know until I turned up at Dulles expecting to fly to London. I was directed by UA staff to five queues, the final one was manned by 1agent initially and progressed very slowly. At no time did anyone apologise, smile or explain why the flight was cancelled. To be honest I found the staff hostile and my perception was that it was my fault the flight was cancelled and I was an enemy. I was eventually sent to Ronald Regan onto Newark and the following day London. My whole weekend was ruined .S

Old May 13, 2012, 11:26 PM
Renou Renou is offline

Join Date: May 2012

You're right, Suzanne. They only care until they've charged you for the flight. After that, you become the enemy - an irritating obligation and a cost factor that has to be minimzed or frustrated and given the runaround until you give up. I hate it as much as you do.

I'm sorry about your experience. . . I'm having a similar ruined weekend, and mine only revolves around lost luggage.
Old May 13, 2012, 11:49 PM

They do not care...and they won't until someone wakes up and smells the coffee. Deregulation has been a disaster and there if far too little competition in the market. It is time to change... but they pay millions of dollars to avoid that in the form of political "donations".
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:19 AM
jennyl jennyl is offline

Join Date: Jun 2013

Suzanne, you are correct. I was delayed 14 hours getting from Houston to Salt Lake City and the dozen or so United employees I spoke to at IAH and DIA could care less, and in fact were hostile. The delays were mechanical yet they refused to do anything for me.

delta doesn't care unhappy delta Delta Air Lines Complaints 4 Mar 10, 2012 4:06 PM
Customer Service They don't seem to Care at CO Flt. 1125 Good Guest Customer Service 1 Jan 23, 2012 9:16 PM
Suggestion Act Like They Care rwkhk American Airlines Complaints 4 Jul 18, 2009 10:27 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked AA doesn't really care lesws American Airlines Complaints 2 Jul 16, 2009 6:34 PM
Egyptair: they don't care! rob Other Airline Complaints 0 Mar 12, 2008 11:47 AM