Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: They just did not care

Old May 13, 2012, 10:32 PM

Last Friday UA decided to cancel my flight without warning and without letting me know until I turned up at Dulles expecting to fly to London. I was directed by UA staff to five queues, the final one was manned by 1agent initially and progressed very slowly. At no time did anyone apologise, smile or explain why the flight was cancelled. To be honest I found the staff hostile and my perception was that it was my fault the flight was cancelled and I was an enemy. I was eventually sent to Ronald Regan onto Newark and the following day London. My whole weekend was ruined .S
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old May 13, 2012, 11:26 PM

You're right, Suzanne. They only care until they've charged you for the flight. After that, you become the enemy - an irritating obligation and a cost factor that has to be minimzed or frustrated and given the runaround until you give up. I hate it as much as you do.

I'm sorry about your experience. . . I'm having a similar ruined weekend, and mine only revolves around lost luggage.
Old May 13, 2012, 11:49 PM

They do not care...and they won't until someone wakes up and smells the coffee. Deregulation has been a disaster and there if far too little competition in the market. It is time to change... but they pay millions of dollars to avoid that in the form of political "donations".
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:19 AM

Suzanne, you are correct. I was delayed 14 hours getting from Houston to Salt Lake City and the dozen or so United employees I spoke to at IAH and DIA could care less, and in fact were hostile. The delays were mechanical yet they refused to do anything for me.