Frequent Flyer Program
COMPLAINT: Terrible guest loyalty program (guest miles# 105733314175)

Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:35 AM
devdesai1 devdesai1 is offline

Join Date: Dec 2017

I had to take the time & finally register on this website to communicate how terrible Etihad Airways overall has been. I have had few customer service issues back & forth on my flights or when my relatives have flown on this airlines but I never took the time to really voice issues. Now I have a big one. I just got an e-mail today from Etihad. Here what it stated "
we’ve noticed that your 20000 miles expired this year, you can now re-buy up to 20000 Etihad Guest Miles for a reduced price. Hurry up, the offer is valid only until 15 December 2017.

Make every journey a rewarding one with Etihad Guest.

Really? How can the journey be rewarding? For one, you're giving me a bad news. Second, am thinking in my mind how come I never got any reminders from you? If you cared for your guests, you would have really sent me 3-4 e-mails and maybe with a monthly or a bi-weekly frequency to remind me that my miles will expire if I don't do something about it creating a sense of urgency around it. But that didn't happen. What happened was a quick e-mail letting me know my miles expired and that I can re-buy miles at a discounted price ($300 for 20000 miles? You call that a discount? I can get a US domestic round trip ticket for that price).

My point is, stop resorting to such cheap ways of making quick bucks. If you really take care of your guests, they will keep returning to your airline even if it means paying $100-$150 more rather than try another airline. Being at a Managerial level in Retail, I would assume that you would want the same thing I would, want my clients to keep giving repeat business, use more services, & refer clients. But with no reminder e-mails or maybe one to inform me that my miles might expire, I do not call that service at all! I in fact would call it a lapse of service or doing the right thing for your clients. Just terrible way of providing service.

If there's anybody who really cares, I would appreciate if my miles are re-instated.

Thanks,
Devang Desai

Frequent Flyer Program Guest miles not credited suzy5205 Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Dec 23, 2015 12:25 AM
Etihad Guest Not Crediting Miles su2nil Etihad Guest Complaints 72 Jul 11, 2014 9:08 AM
Cancellation of Etihad Guest Miles Ron16 Etihad Guest Complaints 0 Sep 9, 2013 2:37 PM
No miles, duplicated guest number Johannes Claassens Etihad Guest Complaints 0 May 23, 2013 4:13 AM
Guest program enrollment process - how to chase away customers jqdoumen Etihad Guest Complaints 0 Apr 7, 2013 10:40 AM