Full Site Register

Delta Air Lines Complaints>This is the most ridiculous flight anyone's ever been on
Baloney101943 3:03 PM Jul 5, 2011
My grandparents recently flew from Salt Lake City to JFK, and then boarded a new flight from JFK to Moscow. Both flights were Delta. The domestic flight was nice and smooth; there were no problems at all. My grandparents arrived at JFK, had their luggage transferred, and boarded their international flight. So far so good. The plane is taxiing to the runway, when, suddenly, the pilot announces that the landing gear has a problem and must be replaced. My grandma, who was sitting by the window, saw the new landing gear being installed. This took about an hour. The plane finally starts taxiing again. It's almost at the runway, when, suddenly, KABOOM! The whole plane gives a violent shake and the electricity goes out. The captain announces, "We have a big problem." Another hour passes. Turns out a generator exploded or something like that. The plane departs very late. Personally, when I heard this story, I was very surprised. I don't understand how a plane who has just experienced two pretty big problems could possibly be allowed to take to the sky without serious safety checks. Anyway, the flight was just as bad. There was no order on the plane at all. During takeoff, some guy just gets up and starts searching for his carry-on luggage. WTF??? The food was also terrible, but all airline food is terrible so I guess that's not a complaint. Throughout the whole flight, even during takeoff and dinner, this guy in front of my grandpa leans back all the way, seemingly to just be mean to my grandpa. When my grandpa asked the flight attendant to tell the guy to lean forward because he couldn't eat (because the table was jabbing him in the stomach), the flight attendant made some wise comment about rights and that she had no right to tell him to do this. Furthermore, there were no personal TVs on the plane (because it was an old and creaky 767 like 20 years old) and the films they did show on the movie screens which were about 12" were stupendously stupid. One was about a boy who didn't want to rake leaves and the other was about high school relationships and sex (seriously? I mean, seriously, Delta? ). Now, I'm not trying to discriminate against Russian people, but, my grandpa flew this same flight a few years earlier and almost the whole crew was American. That flight was a lot better and the flight attendants were much more helpful. Also, the domestic flight was very good. Also, an American would never dream of doing what the person in front of my grandpa did (leaning back on purpose to bother him).
Baloney101943 5:13 PM Jul 5, 2011
I also forgot to mention the fact that one of the toilets was out of service so there was a long line for the bathroom, and it smelled bad. My grandpa also remarked that the airplane was dirty; it had probably not been cleaned after its previous flight.
cortney 7:43 PM Jul 5, 2011
the last comment about an american would never dream of leaning back...yes they do. i was on American airlines from ord-lhr and sat behind 2 people that had their seats all the way back during dinner service. not once did they move their seat up. the flight attendant asked them too and they said it was their right to recline their seats, she looked at us and my friend and i looked at her and just shrugged our shoulders thinking (jerks). they had to bend forward to eat so it wouldnt have killed them to put their seats up. i couldnt even recline my seat with the 6ft5 dude behind me...oh well. i thought delta crews were american though. whether they go to germany, russia etc. they usually have a couple that speak the foreign language though.
Baloney101943 10:12 AM Jul 6, 2011
Well, yes, but see, at least the flight attendant asked them to sit up. On my grandparent's flight everyone was being a jerk.
Baloney101943 12:20 PM Jul 11, 2011
Would somebody kindly respond?
jimworcs 2:17 PM Jul 11, 2011
The reason you are getting no response is your complaint is just stupid. Americans don't recline their seats... Seriously? No pilot Would take off knowing the plane was unsafe. You realise the pilot would also die if the plane crashed right?

The fact that the pilot returned to the gate when there was a problem is your first clue that the pilot was not reckless.

Aeroflot is a sky team member, so it is possible your grandparents flew on them, but even if they did not, flying delta you can expect pretty low standards of service. Bad airline food is such a cliche it is hardly worth a mention.

At most you have a complaint about the toilet, but would you rather fly without further delay and have to queue for the toilet or have a further delay. These are the kinds of decisions the pilots have to make.

You complaint about the seat is about rude and annoying other passengers. The FAs can only enforce putting the seat upright during take off and landing. I have been on a couple of BA flights where to FA has made an announcement "as a courtesy to others, please can you put your seat in the upright position during dinner service" but ultimately this is up to the individual.
Baloney101943 10:46 AM Jul 14, 2011
jimworcs: The thing about Americans is NOT my complaint at all! I'm just saying that Americans are usually polite people. That's just a little post script. In fact, it has nothing to do with my complaint. Do you take me for an idiot? Did you even carefully read what I said before writing this? Obviously the pilot has to return to the gate, A GENERATOR JUST EXPLODED YOU IMBECILE!! What I'm saying is that the generator shouldn't have exploded in the FIRST PLACE! After I said the food was bad, didn't I write myself that IT IS SO WITH ALL AIRLINES AND I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT IT. You think that I'm complaining that the pilot was being overly cautious. In fact I'm actually saying that the pilot WASN'T CAUTIOUS ENOUGH because he didn't go through serious safety checks. That plane should have never flown! You did not read my complaint and, as usual, people on all forums of the Internet are always ANGRY about something! I think I should start a forum called forumcomplaints.org. You're all stupid pillocks if you think that my complaint is centered around rude passengers! IMBECILES! IDIOTS! FOOLS!
pattis 3:06 AM Jul 15, 2011
I guess the name baloney is appopriate for u. perhaps a bit more credible if it was experienced first hand.
jimworcs 5:35 PM Jul 16, 2011
Baloney,

Your insight in choosing your name was spot on.

Where in my post do I suggest that i think you thought the pilot was too cautious? I say exactly the opposite and you are clearly too stupid to understand basic English.

You have no evidence that the pilot did not go through the appropriate safety checks, and frankly given that you provide enough information for this specific flight to be identified, what you have written is libellous. You are probably too stupid to understand this, but you should think carefully about what you write.

The generator or (APU) is primarily to start the engines, the aircraft can operate in flight perfectly safely without the APU.

As for angry fools, take a chill pill and then re-read my post and yours.
Baloney101943 3:57 PM Jul 22, 2011
Excuse me? Did I say something about the APU? That's not the only "generator," you know? And, besides, if something just EXPLODED, a plane CANNOT take off. Couldn't it have damaged something else, genius? I never really understood why people on ALL forums are so hot-headed. And, besides, I wasn't on the flight myself if you even took the time to read my post. It was a report from my grandparents, you IMBECILE!!! I once posted a link to solve a problem I had with my flight simulator on another forum and this poster went off about how I was spreading viruses. Oh, wait, you're from Europe! Europeans are always angry about something! By the way, read this: http://www.michaeltotten.com/archive...orst-airli.php If you're looking for a job, Alitalia would hire a person like you in a heartbeat!

P.S. If we're going to talk about basic English, let's not forget to capitalize our "I's," okay?
jimworcs 8:27 PM Jul 22, 2011
Yes, you are right... All americans never recline their seats and all europeans are angry.

All posters called baloney are intelligent.

These truths are self evident.
Baloney101943 5:52 PM Jul 29, 2011
Thank you for admitting I was right. I see you finally understand my point. You are giving in a bit too easily, though. I mean, you are a European, right? And in your first sentence you juts admit that Europeans are all angry. That seems a bit weird to me. By the way, did you read the article? They'll definitely hire people like you at Alitalia.
NewJerseyDevils 7:32 PM Jul 30, 2011
Originally Posted by Baloney101943:
Would somebody kindly respond?
Jersey Devils helpful hints when someone puts the seat all the way back:
1. kick the back of the seat throughout the flight.
2. push the tv screen.
3. Close the shade and when it's light open it up.
4. when getting up put your hand on their head rest to help you up.
5. Keep snapping the pocket.

These handy helpful hints work much better when the person is sleeping.
As for the other issues I would write a letter to Delta.
Baloney101943 11:54 AM Aug 2, 2011
Originally Posted by NewJerseyDevils:
Jersey Devils helpful hints when someone puts the seat all the way back:
1. kick the back of the seat throughout the flight.
2. push the tv screen.
3. Close the shade and when it's light open it up.
4. when getting up put your hand on their head rest to help you up.
5. Keep snapping the pocket.

These handy helpful hints work much better when the person is sleeping.
As for the other issues I would write a letter to Delta.
LOL, yes, those are good tips, but then the person would probably complain. And, technically, they are allowed to put the seat all the way back but you're not allowed to do that to them. However, #2 and #4 are good tips; they can't really complain about those!

P.S. I live in New Jersey!!
M37 5:44 PM Aug 7, 2011
OK, this complaint is kind of stupid.
I'm not even going to bother to address the European and American part, because that's extremely stupid, and I'll go right on to the main part. How exactly do you know that they didn't conduct safety checks? Did your grandparents see every detail of what those people were doing? They might have fixed the generator and done safety checks at the same time. Also, how exactly do you know the plane should have never flown? Are you an expert in airplane engineering? Have a degree in mechanics? Had any idea what was exactly happening on the plane, not what your grandparents saw out of the (rather small) airplane window?

Maybe if you did, it would make your opinion a little more valid, but until then...

Oh, and this is hilarious.
Originally Posted by :
I never really understood why people on ALL forums are so hot-headed.

Baloney101943 8:19 PM Aug 7, 2011
There's nothing stupid about my complaint. My complaint is that my grandparents boarded a flight, the landing gear fell off, a generator exploded, they almost had a heart attack and were nervous throughout the whole flight, and, worst of all, the plane departed two hours late. That's a perfectly fine complaint. And forget the American-European thing. I've stopped talking about it; we're done with it.
Baloney101943 10:59 AM Aug 17, 2011
jimworcs: Did I see you rioting in London on the 5 o'clock news?
Baloney101943 2:45 PM Sep 3, 2011
Why has everyone stopped answering?
dfwgirl 4:02 AM Sep 4, 2011
Jimworks...perfect answers. Nicely written. Baloney101943, give it up. You were not even there.
jimworcs 10:32 PM Sep 4, 2011
Yes, that was me Baloney. I was protesting against American's who recline their seats. They made me so angry, as a European, that I rioted and broke into an electrical store and stole a wide screen TV. That'll teach those capitalist yankee's not to recline their seats.
Baloney101943 12:01 AM Sep 12, 2011
dfwgirl: You're not even part of this thread. Shut up and go away.

P.S. It doesn't matter whether I was there or not. The important thing is that a wheel was replaced and not tested, something exploded, and the plane still took off. THAT'S NOT SAFE!!

jimworcs: England is the 2nd most capitalist nation in the world so why are you calling us capitalist yankees? And enough with the seat reclining!! That's not even half of my complaint! Have you got something to say about the plane taking off 6 hours late because there were two major problems with it at once? If a plane's landing gear has just been replaced, shouldn't it be tested before the plane takes off? If something on a plane has just exploded, should that plane take off? ANSWER AND DON'T AVOID THE QUESTION!!!
jimworcs 12:49 PM Sep 12, 2011
Baloney,
I addressed these issues in post numbers 6 & 9. If you don't like what I say, say so. However, I have addressed the issues you raised and see no need to repeat myself. You may also want to look up to meaning of sarcasm... as you appear not to understand it.
Baloney101943 4:46 PM Sep 17, 2011
Originally Posted by jimworcs:
Hehe, you're the one who doesn't understand sarcasm. I understand sarcasm. I was being sarcastic about not understanding sarcasm. Get it?
Baloney101943 7:52 AM Nov 24, 2017