Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:06 PM
bcy bcy is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default what is the true story with Frontier

Frontier, I flew out of Colorado Springs to LAX in the early spring. You cancelled the connecting flight to Denver, then sent us on the bus to Denver to get the connecting flight. Very poor customer service even after I complained to several people.

This Thanksgiving you did the same thing to my daughter and offered to put her on a bus to Denver, the same situation. If she and her friend took the bus they would have missed their connecting flight. They had to rent a car. This time however you did give a voucher.

I think this whole thing of putting people on buses when they purchase a ticket from Colorado Springs gives the impression you are trying to get out of using a plane to get to Denver. I am in aviation and know the costs, its much cheaper to send people on the bus than have a plane sent.

You have been getting away with this for now but the word will get out at how you run your business.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:50 PM

What was the reason the flight was canceled and a bus was being offered? You know, also that you don't have to accept the bus option, take a later flight out of the Springs.

Just an fyi, if you're in aviation, part of being on this board is registering that you ARE in aviation or you risk being banned from the board.

"If you are affiliated with the Airline Industry, you are required to express that affiliation upon registration. Failure to do so is grounds for permanent banning"

That comes from the registration page.

Last edited by The_Judge; Nov 26, 2012 at 4:53 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:54 PM
bcy bcy is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012

We are in general aviation, we own our own planes.

CO. Springs is a small airport, no other planes available.

They suggested but not sure of a mechanical issue.

My daughter was told that perhaps a bomb threat, so no in both accounts
no difinitive answer, though she was given a voucher after asking for one several times, I was not offered a voucher.

Hope this clears things for you.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:10 PM

I understand no other planes are available at that moment..... my meaning was that she had an option to take a later flight out of COS. She is not required to take the bus that the airline paid for.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:35 AM
azstar azstar is offline

Frontier is a low frequency "hub & spoke" airline. They may offer only one departure per day, or maybe not even daily service. When one of their flights is cancelled or misconnects, you will be out of luck unless they accommodate you on another airline. There was probably no option to "take another flight".
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:06 AM

I randomly picked a day and they showed 3 flights that day.

Ethiopian airlines - a true disaster to fly with ainmolenberghs Other Airline Complaints 8 May 16, 2013 3:20 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked flight from SeaTac to Edmonton canceled with no true reason lintrock Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 2 Jan 26, 2012 8:28 AM
Customer Service Delta says the problem is weather-related; that's not true noholesinone Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Sep 8, 2007 7:23 PM