COMPLAINT: Spirit lacks customer service

Old Jun 10, 2012, 8:14 PM

I tried to make a reservation on Spirit's web site last night for the first time. It repeatedly didn't work when trying to purchase a flight and hotel combination. After spending over 5 minutes searching their site - I found a phone number, which took me to some un-named foreign country, where everyone was "very sorry" that the site didn't work, but they couldn't help me book because they couldn't do the hotel portion. Of course, prior to that I was told there were no problems with the site, despite me trying the same operation in different browsers. And of course, they would book the air portion AND charge $10 to do it, even though it was their site that didn't work and they were unable to book the hotel portion. It went on and on - the supervisor being "very sorry", but they are not trained to do the hotel portion. When I tried to explain that this was poor customer service, they again offered to book the flight portion for $10. They don't get it. Even if they are cheaper, I won't be flying this airline. If they can't book a simple reservation, I have doubts they are organized enough to know where they are flying and to get there safely. Customer Service is the key to success and it needs to start at the reservation making faze. I'm also disappointed to know they outsource their customer service - let's keep the spirit of American jobs here in America!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:32 PM

One thing everyone should know about Spirit Airlines is they are a super cheap airline. While their fares are low, they will charge you for absolutely everything, including making a reservation, issuing a boarding pass, checked luggage, carry-on luggage, onboard water, the list goes on and on. One thing they do NOT provide is customer service. Their president has repeatedly stated that the company couldn't care less whether you're satisfied or not. He feels you will always come back when they're the cheapest.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
america, customer service, reservation, spirit