COMPLAINT: Terrible service integration and no customer service support

Old May 30, 2016, 12:07 PM
DPOV DPOV is offline

Join Date: May 2016

My partner and I booked a long weekend trip from Heathrow to Prague; using British Airway's one stop shop service to book hotels and airport transfers. Here's what has gone wrong so far:

1) My partner's luggage was not put on the flight to Prague. We wasted a lot of time on Friday trying to find where the bag had gone (keep in mind he was here to perform in a fringe show, so it had all his props and costume in it). After much searching, the customer service desk confirmed they had no idea where it was; probably still at heathrow. The bag eventually arrived at the hotel late on Sunday.

2) I had to call the airport transfer service twice before getting an agent that was able to find our transfer booking to the hotel to inform the driver we'd be late out of baggage collection.

3) We got to the hotel to find they were fully booked due to a system error. The hotel staff sorted this situation out well for us, finding an alternative place for the first night and arranging transport to and back again. If it weren't for the diligence of the hotel staff here, we would have been very stuck.

4) We spent most of Saturday, the best part of £150 and missed social events we had planned to replace the contents of the luggage before his first performance (BA still couldn't find the bag at this point).

5) When the bag arrived, there was no apology from BA, no inquiry as to what the issue had cost us. No hint they care even slightly about taking a day out of our holiday to fix their mistake.

6) I've just tried to call the airport transfer service to confirm the transfer back to the airport tomorrow morning (Tuesday). The agent couldn't find any record of our booking in the system and asked if I could email across all the relevant details. I've duly scanned the booking confirmation and sent it. I'm awaiting a reply. I can see us having to pay the hotel to use their transport service at this rate; after already having paid once through BA.

My partner summed it up when he said that their Marketing Department is obviously more well staffed and better than the customer services department. I couldn't agree more.

Booking Reference: Y9C5YS - should BA wish to comment or get in contact regarding the situation.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Terrible Customer Service rickmaky Air Canada Complaints 0 Feb 9, 2016 4:58 PM
Customer Service Terrible Customer Service from AA JaimeF American Airlines Complaints 1 Mar 23, 2011 11:50 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked charleston service cancelled, terrible customer service jmb Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 16 Oct 24, 2009 6:38 PM
Customer Service terrible customer service johnafa Customer Service 6 Oct 2, 2009 10:42 PM
Customer Service Terrible Customer Service cstaab United Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 19, 2007 12:36 AM