Tools...

Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:00 PM

Default Virgin Australia and the Melbourne Airport

I was bumped on to the next flight to Perth from Melbourne today and I am concerned at the way the ground staff under the leadership of an airport supervisor named Alan who was clearly not in control.

They were obviously missing two counter employees, but seemed to have adequate ushers guiding passengers through queues that were not moving.

It was poor coordination, as they kept distrupting the queue because they realized that there were passengers in the middle that wouldn't make it.

This despite being directed by their own staff to begin with.

Alan was constantly standing near the Priority queue and went up to his staff several times obviously urging 5 counters to clear the few Priority passengers.

This left 2 counter staff to deal with 3 flights leaving at same time.

When I asked Alan-why he didn't instruct the ushers to take up a counter position to expedite the queue: he responded by saying that it was how the roles were designed.

I will not fly with an airline that doesnt have a good incident resolving plan or key supervisors who cannot improvise in difficult situations.

The supervisor wouldn't even give me his full name.

More options...