Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:43 PM

Default Business class and no points

I flew from India to Australia with Etihad in business class at the end of May and at the time they were having major issues with their website so there was no way for me to register for their frequent flyer program prior to purchasing my ticket. I tried several times but the website kept crashing. I telephoned them and they said not to worry and that I'd be able to register while in transit at Abu Dhabi Airport. So I went ahead and purchased the ticket. When I got to Abu Dhabi I explained the issue to the Etihad staff in the business class lounge and they got me to fill in a form and gave me a frequent flyer card with a member number, so I assumed all would be ok.

Unfortunately, when I returned to Australia and contacted Etiahd I was told that I cannot get the points because I did not join before taking the flights.
I have tried explaining the facts to them and there has been much correspondence but to no avail.

I think it's a rotten way to treat business class passengers, especially bearing in mind that it was their fault in the first instance in not having an operational website. There was no way for me to register before buying the ticket.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:11 AM

Default No points again after upgrade

i Hope Cassie is still available to answer these issues as she sorted this out for me last year. This is a perennial problem that Etihad need to sort out. Just flew to Australia from Abu Dhabi and have recieved no points again after upgrading. Not a good service that you have to send countless emails in the hope someone actually bothers to answer one.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:59 AM
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Hi Paul,

We have received your inbox message regarding your wife's miles, which have now been credited to her account. We will require her email address in order to update her account with us and respond to her directly.

Please send this to us in a private message. Thanks!

*AZ

More options...