Reservations
COMPLAINT: Emirates

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:38 PM
swalahy swalahy is offline

Join Date: Jun 2008

I called Emirates reservation centre in May and the call was received at their india call centre. I requested for a fare quote JFK to NBO with a week stopover in lace w:st="on">Dubai</ST1lace>. The associate quoted me $1310(with tax 1410) I was happy with the fare quoted and I immediately requested her to make a reservation. She refused to make the reservation claiming that she was instructed not to make any reservation for NBO tickets and the excuse given was that NBO reservations require paper tickets and not E-tickets. I advised her that I did travel to <ST1lace w:st="on">Africa</ST1lace> in December and I did get an E-ticket. I suggested her to make the reservation and I would pick up the ticket at a local Emirates office. She still refused to make the reservation. I advised that I will verify the information about NBO tickets with my travel agent. I spoke to my travel agent and he advised me that E- tickets for lace w:st="on">Nairobi</ST1lace> can be issued and the reservation can be made over the phone as well. I called back Emirates call centre and spoke to Jaisheel who advised the special $1400 no longer exist. He told me that the best fare he could offer is $1900. I demanded to speak to a supervisor after along argument with him. Jaisheel tried to hesitate and then finally connected me to spoke to supervisor Dickens Thomas. Mr Thomas stated that he could not do anything about the fare apart from apologizing for his associate’s intolerant behavior. He claimed that the best he could offer was 1790. I asked him for the Emirates New York phone number. He advised to call the same number during the day.
I called during the day and spoke to supervisor Sonia. She advised that the fare was gone and could not do anything for me whether the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com<ST1<ST1<ST1<ST1lace w:st="on">India</ST1lace></st1:country-region> associate made a mistake or not. I requested to speak to her manager. Sonia connected to Sean Campbell. Mr. Campbell advised me that he will give me the low fare and would put me back to Sonia to complete the reservation. Sonia asked for my travel dates in order to process the booking. She then went ahead quoted me the same fare of 1790. I indicated to her that Mr. Campbell promised me a low fare. Sonia claimed that she was advised differently. I demanded to speak back with Sean Campbell. She deceived me by saying that Mr. Campbell was not available. I ask to pass a message for a callback. Sean Campbell never called me back.
I am completely dismayed with Emirates sickening demeanor.

Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:01 PM
rgpnz rgpnz is offline

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Dear Jasheel,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received the correct information from Emirates in regards to the issuance of e-Tickets from NBO.

1. It is standard policy among all airlines to quote what is known as the running fare or the lowest fare where seats are available. If the seats for the particular fare are not available that fare will also not be available.

Also, by the tone of this sentence I believe you would not be prepared to listen to anyone if they tried to explain what i just told you in a reasonable manner.

2. You were already advised by Mr Thomas that he will not be able to help you in regards to fare, please see my first point about running fares.

3. As you have not mentioned which fare Mr Campbell (?) has quoted to you it is highly possible that he was also unable to offer the fare and $1790 is the lowest fare that could be sold. Please refer to point 1.

4. As mentioned in point number 3 $1790 is the lowest fare that was available and hence it was offered to you.

5. You were never deceived, that Mr Campbell was not available may have been a true statement as he is a Supervisor and generally supervisors in a call centre's or ticket offices are extremely busy.

The basis of this complaint is a waste of time and the fact that you had nothing better to do than **** and moan about not getting what you want. Hard fact of life... you dont always get what you want so deal with it.

Just realised i am replying to a 7 year post... goddamn.